Friday, January 08, 2010
note to self
10 Ways to Be a Positive Force
1. think before you speak
2. keep an open mind.
3. discuss rather than argue.
4. cultivate a soothing voice : how you speak often means more than what you say.
5. never lose an opportunity to praise or say a kind word.
6. exceed your employer's expectations.
7. learn to be objective about personal criticism.
8. respect the feelings of others.
9. refuse to discuss the shortcomings of others.
10. let your virtues speak for themselves.
This slightly paraphrased list came in a health and wellness newsletter we received in the mail a few months back. It's hung in my closet since then, as a daily reminder of things to work on, but I thought I'd go ahead and post it here as well.